A bike made before I was born, 1989, from Iwata in Japan. Yamaha factory.
Ahhhhhhhhh, it feels gooood to be a bike owner. I was renting for a while now, but it was always a gamble with weather prognosis and whether you are wasting your money since its raining or not. And when I saw the prognosis for next 2 months being full of rain, I just knew that I either get a bike now, or I won't be able to ride until next summer +-.
I ride, I go back home, eat, I ride again
Been doing constant trips to bike shop to buy various maintenance things I keep forgetting or keep finding out a day later on the internet. Next thing on the list would be fuel tank grip kneepads (investing into kneepads lols), since Its a sports bike (fzr 600 to be exact), I noticed that to keep correct and comfortable posture I really need to death grip the fuel tank with my knees, but its too slippery to hold on, so these should help
Its really fun to start learning something new, especially if its something you actually like lol. FUCK ITS SO FUN. I almost did a wheelie by accident multiple times, getting used to the clutch still hahaha
Bike is probably looking small on me, but IDC, its fun to ride. Despite being so old, and not the best condition (I bought it for 650 LOL), it runs well. Its top speed is only like 230, but doing 160-180 comfortably. From what I read that bike was always known for not greatest top speeds, but having great acceleration. I am still aiming for the 300km/h dream some day, but first I'll learn how to actually ride at more human speeds and general bike skills and tricks. Once I do full maintenance on it, I'll look to practice burn outs and wheelies, kind of scared that it will explode if I overdo it right now
I am actually really surprised how well it handles for how old it is. I rode newish bikes and this is literally just better lol. But perhaps if I push the limits it will be different. I did practice getting my knee down, on another bike, but I am not even close to there yet. Is bike technology just frozen in time since 80's ?
One thing about the bike, its in flat blue color, nothing else on it. Looks a bit dull. I am thinking either going for repaint into a nicer color, repaint into original livery (doesn't look that hard since its just removable plastics that need to be painted), or perhaps sticky bombing the whole bike (easiest and kinda cool).
Anyway time to sleep, tomorrow gotta revive my drift car and drive it to a mechanic friends garage. I pray for no cops stopping me along the way.
Once all is setup, it will be a bit hard to make a choice: Do I drift, or do I ride bike, but I think if I live a life that makes me have to choose between the two everyday, that I am very lucky hahahaha
EDIT:
A breeze of summer air came in through the window, smelling smokey. I LOVE THAT SMELL. I dont know why its so smokey in the summer, but it is. So nostalgic, my childhood is flashing in my mind each breath I take lols. Running around with dogs, rolling in heaps of dry grass etc. This is how it felt when I was riding today as well, just fresh smokey air coming in through the helmet as you speed around. So nice. Life doesn't have to be complicated
Comments
Post a Comment