Skip to main content

TB

 

 
like this guy, he has so much swag the way he dances too

----


Just got back from my companies first team building event. I didn't expect much out of it, and had the inner demons tell me to miss it, but I refrained from listening to them. (they ruin my life, just go everywhere and live proper!!!!)

Anyway, glad I didn't miss it. People were interesting, learned a lot about the company I work for, their startup nature, stuff they did before, their dreams and passions and why they do what they do among some other things. Some of them are very experienced and had fun stories to talk about (disasters in tech like someone pushing a small update to backend and making it so all mobile data in country of sweden was off for a day, or some unanswered emails made a plane not take off lol) Among motivating stories of making something out of nothing, and the first people who made mobile stuff available in the whole country of Lithuania. (After Soviet fall, american lithuanians couldn't call their relatives back home, so they started the first ever lithuanian mobile services which then had many evolutions) And since this is a mobile focused company they had soooo much mobile development and business history and knowledge, was very interesting

Felt good being the most "stupid" in a room, or least achieving one at least. Its great motivating energy as long as you don't let it smoulder you. Did talk to them about my esports things as well (never be ashamed of your passions, its great rule to live by), they showed interest in sponsoring my team later, as they do some small sponsorships for various initiatives already, and the thing I talked about sounded interesting to them

Anyway, was nice, a bit sleepy now to type good or more, but its a good memory
Was almost late to it haha, since when I decided that I wont miss it, I still had a wrong time in my head (email for this event was sent few months ago, and I remembered only 1 time from it, but it was the ending not the starting one!!!)
Also rushed to the story to buy some clean pants and shirt, as I noticed I had literlaly nothing to wear. Been cooped up indoors full hobo style for months now (bad move by me)

Anyway, good energy. I really really need to start living correct consistently. Never give up my sleep, never give up my health, follow my dreams. Life can be beautiful, dont settle for garbage

Which btw our teambuilding started in a museum which main topic of presentation was soviet lithuanian art of rebels, fighting for individually, not conforming to the machine that tries to dehumanize everything and eeryone. It were dark times, sometimes I forget, but I took a positive message out of it all, despite the grim presentation. No matter how suffocating the times, human nature will earn for more. Do not fall for the tricks of the establishment of any kind, always look for a betterment, you do have the power, stand out, be fearless

Comments