Welp
Its still holiday time. Its always hard at first, since life is catching up to you, and its confusing to have so much free time without anyone over your shoulder. Freedom is hard to use
Did find a guitar I'll get, just will take few days to be able to pick it up. Ordered an amp (mini, portable one, looked/sounded good to me, also solves the problem of "not being able to move"). Will be interesting to try and play, always wanted to try
Guitar is tuned to Drop A. I had no idea what that was until today, can't wait to try it out. Also didn't know that different pick width affects how they sound (makes sense). Gonna buy all different widths just to check it out : D. Curious!! To be honest, I have no clue whatsoever how to make music. But since I am listening to it 24/7, why not try and make it? It seems like it would be really fun to play
Apart from coaching there isn't that much to do right now really. I don't really want to sit around consuming any kind of media, rather go do something. Yeah I guess could write more strategy guides, coaching plans etc, but also do want to try and take a break from that for a bit, at least on down low
~~
Uhhh distracting. A thought keeps popping up. Talked to some friends today, this and that led to conversation about bikes and one of them sent me a pov video of a guy crashing at 300kmh and shredding into pieces. Didn't bother me at first, but now hours later its somehow stuck in my mind. Poor guy, since it wasn't even his fault he crashed. If you gonna ride, just avoid this shit. There was a time I watched motorcycle crashes/fails just to keep myself "aware" of dangers and be ready, but when I went out to ride, at times these images would just flash in my mind as I am riding. Makes you lose focus, bad mental. Just keep in mind that theres many boomers out there who rode all their life, they made it to the end somehow, so can you
Do not let fear control you. It doesn't mean be reckless and splatter somewhere, just to be realistic and calculated. Thats what it really is. I am no dare devil (only a little bit). Why I like riding - It focuses me in the moment, it tests me. I feel a lot of fear, but I navigate it and put the trust in myself. At times you focus so much on the action, that all the feelings separate from yourself, they do not affect you anymore. But just because fear isn't affecting you, doesn't mean you go full speed into walls, the opposite it clears your judgement. The only times I rode/drove dangerously, was when I was emotionally unstable due to being hurt by something/someone. Just watch out for those, and I should be fine forever. I am not taking random chances on a pebble on a road, or a grandpa pulling out from a blind corner and one shotting me (known guys who died to this specific scenario or broken all their bones, not gonna be)
The first day I got on a bike, I did its top speed of 220 or was it 240. I don't remember exactly. But before I attempted this, I tested braking over and over and upped the speed by 20-30 at a time. Also spent 30min in the parkling lot trying out various dodge movements and extra fast braking. Just to get used to the bike first.
Thats how I always was. Same in drifting. First things I was curious about, is how to stop the drift if you make a mistake, how to recover from mistakes. Only if you know how to prevent failures or work through them, can you relax, focus, and push the limits bit by bit. Else you are flipping, and that may sound cool when you are a little impressionable kid, but to anyone who actually understands that if failure = I break my bones or worse, my seat time will be decreased, decreased seat time = less practice/fun/skills etc.. Identical with drift cars, fuck up = car broken = cant drift = gg
Its funny sometimes that when I talk about bikes/drifting etc people think I am some kind of cool daredevil, but I also equally as often get treated as some kind of retard who will soon die. But neither is true, its just a normal hobby. Probably no riskier than surfing or bouldering. Just think before you do something and you should be fine
blog posts look better w pictures, so heres one of a cool boikee
~~~
Helped a friend with some of his C homework. An up and coming programmer as well. I don't know, it can be fun to mess around when its not for work. Shouldn't write it off and instead go code. Just always feels like a bit of a shame to spend my free time on it, since I already do it at work so much. Need a balanced life you know? Or else I'll be blind in 10 years
But other than that idea to go code some drift physics nothing really came to mind yet. Hmmm.... Ofcourse the usual - coding up some kind of draft/strategy tool to help with coaching could be cool, but I coach like I play, from feeling, so trying to make a system out of it is like ripping my own soul out. I suppose in true programming fashion the best idea is barely any idea. Just pick a target, no matter how crazy, give yourself a day and throw yourself at it, see what you come up with. It will be terrible, but next day more inspiration might come. Thats how it was always done. Hack awayy
Damn kinda wanna do it now despite it being late. Ah fuck it im doing it now. Just for few hours!!!

Comments
Post a Comment