Heres a mockup of what my e46 can look in the end. Not sure about adding any text to it, but panda look could be fun to run. Homage to my roots of dreaming about 86 and mountains one day. It also fits, its low power, small hatchback, and everyone hates it : DD D (SOUNDS PRETTY BLOODMAGE BRO)
Also consensus on snow/ice drifting = lame and ghay
Drift needs to be fast, else its kind of a leisurely for fun ride. Would rather grab an MX bike and tear it up in the snowy forests.
Generally look at things this way - If most people are too scared to do it = its fun. Else its lame. Drifting on snow and ice, is OK, but real fear from casuals comes when you are throwing a barely driftable car on dry into corners at max speed. Its not about just doing what others fear to for sake of being different, its just an easy indicator of something being "right" for a type of person you want to be, if you like these sort of things at least. I dont know how common this issue is for others, but for me, I get confused and bait myself into doing things that I dont like quite often, so I am constantly thinking of better ways to filter out shit that simply wont really work for me. Many things can appear as if they might be fun enough, or enjoyable enough (I.E snow drifting) as it looks like the real thing, but it just isn't and only once I tried it a couple of times that I've realized that
Snow drifting is slow, excitement is low, shit often gets bumpy and inconsistent, visibility is low, risk is very low, you are surrounded by casuals who are too scared to drift on dry/slightly wet, you are also surrounded by people who dont like drifting very much and arent commited to it $ wise, since they only bring 1 set of tyres rather than spending whole paycheck on it. One thing I learned from riding around, is that you want to be with people who are similar to you at least mindset wise, thats when it most fun. If theres mutual trust and understanding you can do much more hardcore and beautiful things together, randoms just dont bring that
That kind of ties in into the title "Nerds and cowards". Same as with esports back in a day, same with drifting and many things out there that require commitment and effort. This is a type of person you will meet, who will be spectating you, who will ask you 9999 questions out of what might appear as "curiousity", but in reality is just empty talk and cowardice. They always have convenient reason not to participate, some bs excuse, yet they want to feel like a part of the action by spectating and asking same shit over and over again. Shit I've kind of been in those shoes myself, but when you are on the other side, you just don't realize how common are the questions you are asking, its same thing others have asked you 999times. When I used to grind wc3, it just felt lonely being surrounded by people like that. They were all there, they were "fans", they were "supporters", they were all interested in what you do, yet none of them wanted to join you in making the magic happen, none crossed that line. They rather theorycraft some bullshit being all nerdy (in a bad way), pretty much making shit up instead of just going out there and doing the thing and then knowing all of the answers to their own questions. See this a lot with car youtubers and builds or programming stuff. There will always be 999999 people asking whats the best build, whats the best tool, whats the best programming language, whats the best project and so on and forth, rather than just going out there and coding something, just building a car and going out to drift. Please don't be this kind of person, just go out there and start doing the things, its okay if its not optimal, maybe you find your own way of doing things, maybe it will even be better in some ways, add your own spin to things, fuck it! Just go out there and enjoy doing the thing, rather than talking about it emptily. World is quite a big place at the first glance right? 8++ billion people, wow so many! Yet whenever you get to mid level of any activity suddenly theres only few thousand people at best there, and those are all different and you wont get along with all of them. It really makes any social circle from any hobby you can develop at decent skill level quite low, it always surprises me just how small world becomes once you specialize and get good at something. Need more people doing the things!!!!! Instead of just observing!!! Else there wont be anything to observe
Thing is I am a nerd and a coward too. I overtalk about things all the time, distract myself from doing X Y Z, get all nerdy about things that do not really matter. I scare myself from doing things, from comiting to certain activities, sell myself the idea of just waiting around and giving it some time. I am not exempt from these feelings by default, but boy do I dislike them. Sometimes I forget that I can just stop giving a fuck, sometimes I forget how unhappy it makes me feel to sit still and think instead of just getting up and getting started. Thats how cowards live, thats how weak people live, its slow drip of mild anxiety, pain and dissatisfaction over long period of time. Leaving you confused on why everything feels so bad, but not being quite able to pin point it as its been dragged over a long period of time. This is the outcome of such existance, do I want this to be me? No!
Then the only option is to resist, just do the opposite lol and go from there. Honesty, taking action, not thinking about things as much. This is simply what needs to be done, alternative is slow death in mild discomfort
What do you value your life so much for?
Set direction, go. We are all already dead (in a good and warm, positive way)

Comments
Post a Comment