Frieren as many other romance stories from Japan use suffering/pain as a way to tell their message. Maybe there is another way to write a nice romance story, but guess a happy story is never as memorable
You could say Himmels POV is "tragic", but I have another take on it. He loved her for what she was, her flaws included. She is an elf and had no concept of time, he knew that. If we are talking about tragic then Frierens story is more so, since only after he died that she realised what he meant to her and now she has to live for thousand years with that regret and feeling of loss. Realizing all she missed out on for trivial things like learning random spells
Really sucks that they always have to make these stories so depressing, but the message is good. Appreciate what you have, those around you, so on and forth. Never know when someone might be gone
Its important not to mix feelings of love and inner demons trying to cause pain and suffering. True love is always a positive force, its always warmth. Yeah there might be longing, yeah you might miss a person you love, but its never these gross feelings of "I mean nothing to her" "She sees me as nothing" if the person in question chooses not to be around. Those are the demons and have nothing to do with love. Most of us are struggling with low self worth and scars of some kind, those feelings are always looking for an outlet, and why not latch on love for maximum pain causing efficiency?
Same in the Himmels case, he missed her, but he let her be herself, since it is who he loved. Yeah she is a goofy and autistic, but is what it is.
Just watch out. Don't let the demons bring you down. Never forget, love is always warmth, no matter the outcome
I've read it over a few times and thought about it for a while
ReplyDeleteI thinks what you said is true, but!! just then I thought:
I don't think the feeling of sadness, the feeling of grief, has to be compltely vilified as inner DEMONS.
I think in such a case it's completely healthy to be for some time!
It's not anger or spite at the other person because you mean nothing to them,
it's more a feeling of loss I think.
ANger weould be bad, yeah.
Long-term depression over it would also be bad.
Having the feeling of sadness completely overshadow the love would be very bad.
Desiring possession would be bad.
but i think a little sadness is healthy, because you want nice things for yourself, and you are certain this would be a nice thing, but you accept that it will never be.
hard to accept it without some grief.
uhoh, not the but!!
ReplyDeleteyeah, being in grief/sad is your right, it shouldn't be suppressed or looked down upon
I kinda tried to mention that in this sentence " Yeah there might be longing, yeah you might miss a person you love, but its never these gross feelings of "I mean nothing to her" "She sees me as nothing" if the person in question chooses not to be around. "
But now that I read it again, its confusing what I mean exactly : D
Its important to differentiate between toxic thought/feeling, genuine sadness and love. All separate
So yeah I agree with you
Cute dog video. I remember the guy.
ReplyDeleteI think you made sense. "I mean nothing to her" "She sees me as nothing" does come off as gross statements but I meant them more as a grieving thing rather than spite/anger thing
happy day to you.
:tadaa:
ah, yeah I see what you mean now
ReplyDeleteI suppose they can be used for grieving, this type of grieving though to me looked more like inflicting wounds onto yourself ~~ Forcing yourself to put an end to positive/warm feelings by changing the outlook on what was - to be negative, killing your own feelings that kind thing
I grieved like that, but it somehow never clicked. Didn't feel fair. What helped me was channeling the inner Himmel and just accepting that I love, even if Its just me by myself, those feelings aren't invalidated or gone. And its ok (can be sad or lonely and that is ok too). I don't need to bring down anyone, self or memory of X. I can be in love by myself : D
and thanks, for this bday I became a Vtuber, do check it out. Its kinda cute, you might like doing something like that for yourself too? Or at least play around with it
ReplyDelete